Monday 1 August 2011

28mm Meerkat Manor - The Conclusion.

Part 2 - Paint & Detailing

By initially spraying the piece with black undercoat, paying particular attention to the little beasties themselves, I was able to more easily access all the deep nooks and crannies that a paintbrush find it a little harder to be get to.  The actual terrain, the rocks, tree trunks and sand, was then coated in a chocolate brown matt emulsion.  Once this had dried the subsequent colour stages were simply dry brushed.  Slowly this was added to the sand areas and pebbles starting with Vallejo 'Japanese Uniform WWII', Foundry 'Spearshaft', Foundry 'Ochre', Foundry 'Buff Leather - Light' and then finally Vallejo 'Silver Grey'. This might appear excessive but in truth not everywhere is covered, I was hoping to create areas of shadow and depth by just leaving the hard to get to areas black.  The tree trunks and roots were also dry brushed but not to the same extent; simply Games workshop 'Dark flesh' and then a little foundry 'Spearshaft'.

Final dry brushed layer applied.
When it came to the little fur balls themselves I was suddenly struck with a very clear understanding as to why it was that I don't collect and paint a smaller scale than 28mm!  How some of you manage to focus on such a small miniature is beyond me.  That said I was able to keep my hand steady enough to pick out their white tummies and characteristic black eyes.


The finishing touches were a few strategically placed tufts and a new feature, sisal string.  I first heard about this most fibrous of strings from a fellow 'Gentleman of the Parlour'.  The Pudding Wrestler's website, 'Terrain for Hippos' is definitely worth a look jammed packed as it is with all sorts of techniques and ideas.  

All in all a successful build and the meerkats have a place they can call home - "Simples!"

Completed terrain piece
Don't look now but ...
someone is watching you!

Now because you have all been very patient and indulged my predilection for pantomime, sit back and enjoy the sweeping epic that is 'The Battle of Nervousness' a wonderful Meerkat movie!

29 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Great attention to detail.

    Frank
    http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich möchte DR. AKHERE für die wundervolle Arbeit danken, die er für mich und meine Familie geleistet hat. Ich hatte eine ernsthafte Trennung von meinem Ex, aber als ich ihn um Hilfe bat, brachte er ihn mit seinen historischen Kräften zu mir zurück und half mir auch dabei einen Job zu bekommen, da er mich verzaubert hat, hat es mir wirklich gut getan und seit ich ihn kenne, ist mein Mann mir treu geblieben Hilfe, wenn Sie mit einer Trennung oder einem Eheproblem konfrontiert sind, wenden Sie sich einfach an diesen Mann, um Hilfe zu erhalten. Er wird Ihnen helfen, alles mit seiner Macht zu regeln. Bitte kontaktieren Sie ihn über seine E-Mail: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com oder rufen Sie / whatsapp: +2349057261346 an Ihre Probleme werden gelöst.





































































































































      Ich möchte DR. AKHERE für die wundervolle Arbeit danken, die er für mich und meine Familie geleistet hat. Ich hatte eine ernsthafte Trennung von meinem Ex, aber als ich ihn um Hilfe bat, brachte er ihn mit seinen historischen Kräften zu mir zurück und half mir auch dabei einen Job zu bekommen, da er mich verzaubert hat, hat es mir wirklich gut getan und seit ich ihn kenne, ist mein Mann mir treu geblieben Hilfe, wenn Sie mit einer Trennung oder einem Eheproblem konfrontiert sind, wenden Sie sich einfach an diesen Mann, um Hilfe zu erhalten. Er wird Ihnen helfen, alles mit seiner Macht zu regeln. Bitte kontaktieren Sie ihn über seine E-Mail: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com oder rufen Sie / whatsapp: +2349057261346 an Ihre Probleme werden gelöst

      Delete
  2. Wow! That's a spectacular bit of scenery!

    Maybe you could use it as an early warning system to prevent ambushes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! excellent piece of terrain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for the kind words, it was such a giggle to do.

    Rosbif I love the idea of it been an early warning system, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is epically good sir, I can't beleive how tiny the meerkats are though. Kudos to you sir.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a stunning piece! Totally flawless... made me smile, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely scenic, as per.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you know that you can shorten your urls with OUO and make cash from every visitor to your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much and I love your version too. :)

      Delete
    2. Hello Guys! I am Julia moreton. I live in Uk I’m 42 Years old, am so happy I got my blank ATM card from Calvin Grayson. My blank ATM card can withdraw £5,500 daily. I got it from Him last week and now I have withdrawn about £350,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machine and there is no name on it because it is blank, just your PIN Only. It is not traceable and now I have money for business, shopping and enough money for me and my family to live on. I am really glad and happy I met Calvin Grayson because I met Five people before him and they could not help me. But I am happy now Calvin Grayson sent the card through UPS and I got it in two days. Get your own card from him right now, he is giving it out for an affordable fee to help the poor even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught or traced. I’m happy and grateful to Calvin Grayson because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries that is the good news if you are interested in getting yours : email: officialblankatmservice@gmail.com or WhatsApp +447937001817

      Delete
  10. thank you very useful information admin, and pardon me permission to share articles here may help :

    Cara menyembuhkan asma sampai tuntas
    Suplemen alami untuk mengatasi daya tahan tubuh yang lemah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through my life weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how I could be transformed into a powerful person when I came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.
    I'm quite sure I will learn many new stuff right here!
    Best of luck for the next!
    click: kalyan chart

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...