Friday 8 November 2013

28mm Velociraptors!



More fun as 'Dinovember' strives to clear some long forgotten ideas from the periphery of the lead pile. These two sets of beasties, both from 'Ral Partha Europe', were prepared over a year ago and so it is with some relief that they are finally completed.  



Quite different in appearance the miniatures are actually very similar when it comes to scale and so it was a relatively easy decision to make to paint them the same.  The slimmer versions below, were actually a two part piece requiring one of the forearms to be attached before painting.





Once again I can take little credit for the paint palette, this time the inspiration is taken from a post by Paul Pogge on the 'Lead Adventure Forum' where he used the same livery to paint his Tamiya Velociraptors - the fabulous results of which can be found here.


Now I appreciate that current scientific opinion would have us believe that they had feathers, but accuracy be damned - I want my Velociraptors fast and menacing, just like the ones in Jurassic Park!  As Muldoon says,

"They're lethal at eight months, and I do mean lethal. I've hunted most things that can hunt you, but the way these things move…"


Finally another reminder of the 'Pay it Forward' book giveaway, details of which can be found here.


36 comments:

  1. A nice collection...they are really cute, with great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're excellent and make for an overwhelming force for any Lost World Adventurers !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving Dinovember. Great looking killers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Dinovember! No-one told me. I'm off to the shops tomorrow!

    Very nice work as always, Michael. Dino-tigers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A hunting pack of Velociraptor Mongoliensis! Great looking therapods Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well painted. And the in-motion blurred picture of the beasts ripping through the jungle is excellent. If I had my Panama on right now, I'd tip it to you, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. more great work would not want to run into them in a feeding frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great figures. Makes me think about getting something similar for a 'pirates in the Lost World' kind of game...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look fantastic, Michael! I want to get some now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Raptors !!
    scale 28mm ok but what is the size exactly ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nicely painted vicious little things!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely rich colours on these raptors

    Best,
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  13. No other painter/blogger/gamer does this as good as yourself. I do hope that you will accept it as flattery when I copy you! Until I saw your posts I had no idea that I needed some dinosaurs so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice you get to say ooh lokking at the pretty colors just before the kill you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome figs and painting. Hats off to your inspiration for the colors, but you take the honors here. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  16. Menacing wee beasties! Must admit it was the JP movies, that made you realize small dinosaurs could be just as lethal to us fleshy humans as T-Rex, even if not more so!

    ReplyDelete
  17. More St Trinnians opposition I see. Very nice colour scheme and as with everything you do very well painted. Velocoraptors vs St. Trinnians, it might be a fair fight! I do think lost world adventures is a more feasible idea though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet Dinos mate - that has me hankering for a hunting expedition!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great colouring - makes me think of a certain breakfast cereal they're Great...... :-)
    Regards
    Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  20. The colour scheme is superb! Your dinos really look the part.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very fun :) I have some of these and enjoyed painting them, great sculpts. I like how yours came out

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hola
    Como molan,y me gusta el color elegido
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely. I like Velociraptors. In one of the Jurassic park films (the second?) they appear to be like Dogs, almost as if that if you chucked a stick for them they#ed scamper after it and bring it back.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Excellent job Michael. The skin looks superb.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cool. Love the tiger stripes.

    On the subject of feathered raptors, these caught my eye a while back: http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/myst6.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look rather splendid, I might yet be tempted!

      Delete
  26. Superb job Michael. I especially like your black and white image. Nice rendition.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's a real "Raptor's Nest" ;-) Excellent work Michael!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those raptor's look great! Excellent choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The palette is gorgeous and your blends are perfect. Dino Power!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...