Sunday 30 March 2014

Paint Table Saturday#21





Once again, Saturday is upon us (yes I know it's Sunday, but I stared this yesterday- honest!) and I've managed to take a quick photograph of what is currently on the table this week - reassuringly little!  I say reassuringly, as in the concluding hours of the '4th Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge', utter chaos seemed to ensue, with various units crashing onto the painting table and then just sitting there, as if trapped in some invisible quagmire, taunting me with regards to my lack of progress. 

The days before the end of the Challenge.

Some of those units have been finally completed, but some have been returned to barracks, perhaps not to be seen again until next year.  Instead, I felt the need for a change and have recently been inspired by the posts of 'the Legatus' and 'Terry Silverthorn's' that have showcased their recent work with 'In Her Majesty's Name' (IHMN).  I bought heavily into IHMN about this time last year, picking up a bucket load of miniatures at 'Salute 2013' and promptly did nothing with them!  I've decided to dig out some of these long forgotten members of the lead pile and give them a go; first up, the The Scotland Yard Company.


In other news, I have caved in and backed the 'Across the Dead Earth' kickstarter.  My will power wasn't helped by reading Simon's blog and my recent dalliance into the world of post apocalyptic fiction - still it looks like fun and as I type this there are only a few hours to go; £50 gets you 17 metal miniatures plus the softback rulebook!


Finally remember that you can see many more 'Paint Tables' by popping over to Sophie fabulous weblog here.





22 comments:

  1. Hola
    Buena mesa te as preparado para el finde semana si seƱor
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salute is the time for new projects and lead pile increases. So that's all a thumbs up from me. IHMN seems to be popular and will fit in well with your other interests. As always I look forward to seeing how it progresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to confess that I'm a bit worried what might come home from Salute this year, particularly as I have no real fixed list - oh well!

      Delete
  3. The Bobbies have electric-powered truncheons? Ow!
    I have always been tempted by the post-apocaltyptic stuff as well. An interesting new direction for you. I hope your gypsies make it into the P-A era.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch indeed, although I understand maintaining the charge is problematic. As for the other stuff, I'm afraid it is all excuse to buy more toys!

      Delete
  4. I am still looking forward to seeing the Sikh Cavalry finished but now I am looking forward to seeing those Peelers done as they look rather nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll second PK on the Sikhs. Get a move on mate!

      Delete
    2. Yes, yes, thank you Gentlemen! Sikh Cavalry is just about done, first three completed just the command group to go.

      Delete
  5. Nice additions to to the table :) Glad your onboard its a great game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm easily distracted at the best of times, but this did look fun.

      Delete
  6. I really, really, really want the IHMN figures, but no one here sells them.

    I looked at the Across The Dead Earth Kickstarter, but the figures are rubbish, so I'm not getting into that one.

    Happy Painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered mine direct from Northstar Miniatures Anne & have yet to be disappointed.

      Delete
    2. Sounds like Terry has solved a problem for you Anne. As for the Across the Dead Earth miniatures, I think you might be being a tad robust! I concede that they are not boutique quality by a long shot, but they certainly have a quality to them. That aside, I am a sucker for anything based in the UK so this skirmish level game seemed perfect for me.

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to seeing your Bobbies painted up Michael, I just finished applying the dip to the Chief Inspector, Sherlock was well on his way to being done as well, til he toppled over & came loose from his base, now its the reglue for him. The rest are also going thru the paint queue & we should see more next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about the Chief Inspector, obviously too much gin on his lunch break! Faces done over the weekend, just fiddling around with the blue for the jackets now.

      Delete
  8. Post challenge blues Michael? A change in direction is probably the best cure. The cops look like fun, if fun involves cattle prods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be right Bob, but that said I'm enjoying just picking up one or two things at a time rather than staring at massed ranks.

      Delete
  9. I spotted some paint pots upside down. Do they help keep the paints from drying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do tell me that storing them upside helps to keep the pigment mixed more consistently and this might be true as it certainly comes out more easily. Unfortunately my stand wasn't designed for storing them this way up and so they have a wobbly look, which offends my aesthetic sensibilities - I must get out more!

      Delete
  10. I look forward to seeing how the Scotland Yard chappies turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kevin, things have slowed a little as we come to the end of a bust term. I've been trying to find a blog for you, but you seem to have your settings very high. Do let me know if you have one.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...