All looked fairly innocuous at first glance, true I would need to assemble it when the time came, but that didn't seem to be a problem. Someone had had a stab at painting the horses previously and other areas displayed signs of been perhaps a little too familiar with paint stripper, but again not a problem thought I.
In the end, it was the lack of surface detail that was to prove my Achilles heel; I have become so used to the fine detailing on the likes of 'Empress' and 'Perry' miniatures that the apparent like of sculpting on this chariot completely threw me. I had decided upon a fairly lurid paint scheme and part of the fun came from picking out what detail I did find.
I am certainly pleased to have completed the thing, but probably won't be rushing to paint any more any time soon, that said a big thank you to the 'Provost Marshal' for the opportunity.
Don't forget to enter the prize draws here.