Sunday 22 May 2016

A West Wind blows South.

On Monday we returned from work to find that the postman had left a little red card of happiness alerting us to the fact that something awaited our attention at the local sorting office.  The Saintly Mrs. Awdry, displaying an uncharacteristic lack of gracefulness, tutted and snarled, “It’s for you again” and duly handed it over, the tone in her voice suggesting that I have probably exceeded my monthly allowance of little packages!

Given our early departure in the mornings, it wasn’t until Saturday that I was able to exchange my card for the waiting treasures – and what treasures they were.  Once again, I am in the very fortunate position of benefitting through the generosity of others.  This time I must offer my heartfelt thanks to ‘West Wind Productions’ for the extraordinarily generous gift certificate that I was able to claim for winning the 'Nostalgia' bonus round in the 'VI Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge'.
My Nostalgia round entry.
Having bought from ‘West Wind’ on many an occasion, I was already aware of their magnificent range of miniatures and so my only difficulty was deciding on which to spend my voucher - I was like a child in a sweetshop!  In the end I sampled from quite a variety of different ranges with a leaning towards all things Pulp.
So once again, a big thank you ‘West Wind Productions' and of course all those that kindly voted for my work in the challenge.


34 comments:

  1. Well deserved treats, I'd say. I look forward to seeing what pulpy goodness emerges for Lord Awdry's Retreat, Sanitorium and Hunting Lodge For The Dangerously Deranged Discerning Demimonde.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great escape scene was inspired and one of my favourites from the challenge. Looking forward to seeing those pumpkin headed scarecrow's painted your usual excellent standard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world needs more Pumpkin Head killer Scare crows! It really does.

    A great ands well deservered prize for extemporary workmanship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo! Fun goodies which I'll look forward to seeing in due course
    Well done mate

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a brilliant vignette! Congrats on the prize and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the figures they sent you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice haul. As it wasn't something you'd actually spent money on, I hope the saintly Mrs A forgave you. Having painted up the scarecrows, I'll be interested to see your take on them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A well-deserved win, and a worthwhile prize to boot, Michael. Like Jez, I too have painted up the scarecrows (as a supervillain's henchmen as memory serves). So I'm looking forward to seeing yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well deserved! Look forward to seeing the goodies all painted up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As said above a well deserved prize sir, and I'm sure once you've painted up your new West Wind bits they will serve as an excellent advert for the company as well.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It definitely was a more than well deserved tread for you Michael! Probably the figures you just recieved will help you to secure your next years ranking in AHPC VII.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see you used your well-deserved prize for such cool figures, Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  12. To the victor belong the spoils. Very well deserved, sir. Your entry was outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the new toys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the win and the score.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lucky boy if only I got pressies. No wait. It was Partizan today and I spent a fortune. More to follow. Oh and I met Curt and Tamsin and loads of other bloggers. To day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice treat m'Lord. You may be able to mollify the Saintly Mrs Awdry by demonstrating that these were in fact freebies and therefore the package doesn't cunt toward your monthly limit :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Like all of your commenters, I can't wait to see how your prize translates into painted goodness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great prize for a brilliant vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very worthy winner and I'm now looking forward to see the eye candy you'll provide with this selection of pulpy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, I recognise those diggers! And I've had some of the sack-headed scarecrow variants as well. Well deserved; that's a racking little diorama!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well deserved price Michael! It was a great entry and it had my vote!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well your entry was superb, Michael, so a deserved prize!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well deserved Michael, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A good choice Michael. I'm looking forward to seeing those figures painted!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A great choice Michael and again, congratulations. I look forward to seeing these in a future Painting Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats Michael. Though I totally feel your pain when packages arrive. Luckily my better half has been getting the lion's share lately, thus balancing the scales.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations Michael! :D Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic sir! Your blog inspired me to make some victorians gentaleman :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your entry looks awesome. Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...