Saturday 4 May 2024

Wookie Warriors

I wasn't planning a themed month, but I have unearthed some more photographs that have yet to be shared and with today being the 4th May, it just seemed the thing to do.  Chewbacca, Han Solo's co-pilot and long time companion, was always a firm favourite of mine growing up.  It didn't seem to matter that his growls, roars and barks were incomprehensible, we just instinctively knew exactly what he was trying to say.  A gentle giant around those he trusted, we were frequently reminded of a Wookie's propensity for violence,

 "That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their socket when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."


 Armed with his trusty bowcaster, this is a classic Chewbacca pose and a much needed character addition for my Star Wars: Legion forces.  I painted the weapon in a flat blue/black colour as a nod to the action figures that I so adored collecting.  Having tinkered around with a suitable colour palette for the fur, I decided to apply a similar treatment to the additional Wookie Warriors that were waiting patiently for their turn under the brush.  Not as happy with these results, but a relief to get them ready for the table. 


16 comments:

  1. Fantastic work on Chewie Michael, you've nailed all his colour variation really well. I think you're being to hard on the others as there are so many different colour schemes, and I'm sure I've seen each when looking for Wookie colour schemes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave, I was really pleased with Chewbacca but a couple of the others, particularly the grey version seemed to get away from what I was hoping to achieve.

      Delete
  2. Perfect for today . They are as usual excellent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Michal, it seemed a good day to share them.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful work, I do like Chewbacca !

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice group of figures Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking figures, love the varied Wookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dean, I was running out of ideas in the end, but pleased to get them finished.

      Delete
  7. Excellent looking wookies!
    Best Iain caveadsum1471

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...