Saturday 22 February 2014

Paint Table Saturday#16


Saturday is with us again and sure enough, very little progress would appear to have been made!  This is not entirely my fault - we have been unwell.  In fact the most virulent 'cold' I have had for a good many years took hold on Saturday night and it wasn't to relinquish its feverish prey until Wednesday; and all this during half term - One was not impressed!  In fact if I hear the expression 'Manflu' just one more time I am likely to lose my legendary sunny disposition!


There is another reason why little seems to be occurring and that is that I have been working on a little something for the '4th Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge'.  Due to be released on the public tomorrow I have included a little 'Work in Progress' shot to whet your appetites.  


So what's on the table this week?  The Matabele have been sent for an early bath until I feel a little more inclined to finnish them off, the 2nd Punjab Cavalry are still under starter's orders, but a little progress has been made on the Coliseum floor!  Yes, this week is all about Gladiators and all needs to be complete by this time next week - must get on! 


27 comments:

  1. Hola
    Buena mesa si señor
    Me gusta el escenario
    Atento al final del día
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you J.D. I hope to have something more interesting for you to see next week.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you are feeling better, sir. Now that you are back to a little squinting and eyestrain pushing a brush around a miniature, you should be perking up real soon.

    Looking forward to the gladiators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing worse than feeling unwell to put you of your painting. Looking foward to the next few bits coming up I'm very intrigued :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for participating! I added your link to my blog post.
    Greetings, Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Favourite characters round.... hmmm let me think who will Mr A do? So many options, but I am guessing Mrs Slowcombe from are you being served! Hope fully that put a smile on your face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs Slowcombe! What a genius idea, I may have to save that up for next year! Most definitely smiling now, thank you.

      Delete
  6. My name is Maximus Manflu perhaps...of course Manflu is amongst the very worst afflictions know to 50% of the worlds population! and should be duly recognised as such. Hope you fully throw it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manflu is where you complain about suffering for a few days. Womanflu is much the same but the complaining lasts for a full 365 days a year.

      Delete
    2. Thank you both, certainly feeling a bit brighter, which is just as well as sympathy seems to have dried up in the Awdry homestead!

      Delete
  7. This does look like a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about your Manfl... Oops! Almost said it. Glad your feeling better.

    Like what you have on your table. The makings of an epic sand and sandals clash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my good man, plenty of blood on the sand to come!

      Delete
  9. Your paint table looks far too tidy. The sign of an ordered mind. I wonder what that says about my table...

    Good work btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sign of an ordered mind, more like the threat of angry wife! :)

      Delete
  10. I like that base ! gladiators is not an usual subject, interesting to see your work ... later (better than never!)
    Do you know the song "Sunday with a flu" ? I hope that you will have "Sunday without flu" !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam, feeling much better now and the gladiators are under way!

      Delete
  11. You and Kinch have something in common today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now would that be the gladiators or the tail end of a beastly cold?

      Delete
  12. Very creative terrain work, Michael. I'm sure you'll be kicking your cold by the time your read this. Looking forward to seeing the gladiators. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dean, feeling much brighter now - thankfully!

      Delete
  13. Oh crikey, that should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...