Sunday 29 December 2013

Thank you!

It has been a lovely Christmas, this year spent with the Saintly Mrs. Awdry's family and as I take stock of the festivities, I do feel the need to publicly thank my 'Secret Santa' and 'Santa Claus'; both events were conceived by Ian of 'The Blog with no name' fame and very efficiently organised by his lovely wife Cath.  


My secret Santa, scored a perfect result with these splendid Matabele warriors from the North Star Africa range; hopefully they will form part of a future entry for the  '4th Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge' in the New Year.  What was particularly lovely was the chaps at 'North Star' entered into the spirit of the event with the addition of this illustration on the box.  


This curious cracker shaped parcel has been under our tree far a while now and I was thrilled when, on Christmas morning, I opened it to reveal these delightful examples from 'Black Tree Designs'.  The Heliograph team and Chaplain George Smith are very welcome additions to my collection; I shall certainly look to have them based up as a priority! 


So to you both, thank you very much indeed, it has been great fun to be part of and if Ian and Cath are willing then I would certainly consider taking part in one or other again next year.


I have to confess that I have been very fortunate indeed this year, with plenty of hobby related gifts including some rather lovely additions to the lead pile that I shall keep secret for another day!  It would appear, however, that my nearest and dearest have taken note of my interest in all things prehistoric and included in my stocking were these splendid gifts; after all everything is better with dinosaurs!  



43 comments:

  1. Brilliant, absolutely Brilliant! Everything is Better with Dinosaurs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, glad you got such lovely gifts,

    Cath is already organising herself for next years Secret Santa, as for Santa Clause I will look at how to do this again but it was too confusing for Cath to run both again

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ian, I'nm certainly in for one event next year, but perhaps not the double; what with everything else it was a bit of a concern getting everything out so goodness knows how Cath coped.

      Delete
  3. Great looking gifts, molding dinosaurs is in your future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do seem strangely drawn to them over the others!

      Delete
  4. Looks like a good year. Happy Christmas!

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
  5. What else can one say but...

    WEEEEeeeeeeeeee!

    Your certainly going to enjoy those gifts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice gifts !!
    We have a lot of dino's stuff at home: my son is a big fan !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall know who to come to when I need advice then Sam.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful gifts there Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Santa strikes again. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. I might let you have a go next time you're down this way! ;)

      Delete
  10. Nothing says huzzah like a heliograph team. You lucky chap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must have been a good boy after all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. I'm, afraid I've added to it since - we know have Zombicide!

      Delete
  13. Hola
    Buenas piezas
    FELIZ ENTRADA Y SALIDA DE AÑO
    FELIZ 2014 Y QUE SE CUMPLAN TODOS LOS DESEOS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Much better than socks.
    Happy New Year to you Michael,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great Christmas haul Sir M and a Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great gifts!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...