...wait a second, they’re sand people, alright.
Sadly not two Banthas, just the one and the briefest of posts to finish of this run of Tatooine themed Star Wars related offerings. Again looking for a bit of native colour for a Tatooine themed board, I came across this splendid piece originally intended for Imperial Assault. Although not a fit, scale wise, with Legion models, I wondered if it might make a nice background piece?
The Bantha and rider comes as a multipart kit and so the first job was to glue the beastie together. Just as an aside, I went on to use another Sorastro painting tutorial where he suggests painting the head first before assembly - I can now testify that this would have been a good idea if I hadn't been so quick out of the blocks!
Relatively straightforward with regards to colours, which all had a muted, worn feel. Plenty of washes and some 'dusty' drybrushing and another piece was completed.
Whilst I was gluing things together I took the opportunity to assemble the water vaporators and some boxes from the Priority Supplies set along with a Satellite Array from 'Sarissa Precision'.
I tried to tie the colours together to give a unified feel, again with help from a Sorastro painting tutorial. Great fun to do and I would never have thought to put a brass colour down first, before covering with a clear, red paint to create a vivid lighting effect; that Sorastro is a clever chap!