Monday 22 January 2024

Soviet Army 82mm Medium Mortar Team

More essential support for my hard pressed 'wintery' Soviet Army.  This 82mm Medium Mortar Team is from Warlord Games and was given much the same treatment as before.  I, like a great number of us, keep notes as to what colours I have used and so by now this palette is becoming quite familiar.  I dare say that there would be an argument for adding a bit of variety to things, but I like the repetitiveness this is giving the unit as it helps, in my eyes, to convey the feeling of a much larger force.
I am building up to a couple of larger support units before a much needed change of palette and an opportunity to catch up with some more varied subject matter. 

 

10 comments:

  1. Excellent looking support Michael, the basing looks very effective, and really like the snow on the bottom of the longcoats, gives the whole piece a really natural look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave, I didn't want to over clutter the base, but enjoyed givving it that wintery feel.

      Delete
  2. Excellent mortar team although they're a bit hit or miss in bolt action I find!
    Best Iain caveadsum1471

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Iain, great to hear from you.

      Delete
  3. Great to see you back to getting some painting in & posts to show them! Great work on them & lets face it, armies were all dressed the same in the early years of the war, cut from the same cloth as it were! Surprised you opted for a square base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terry and great to hear from. The painting was done a while ago, but trying to build some hobby time into my new routine so great to finally share these. I can't remember why the square bases became the preferred option? It probably came down to being the only ones I had around.

      Delete
  4. Another excellent support weapon group there, Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good . A full group shot is required at some point

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...