Monday 3 November 2014

Bloodweiser Babe



Having safely negotiated 'Zomtober' it is time to indulge in the frivolity that is 'Dinovember'! I think that it is important to state from the outset that this is purely for my own enjoyment, a self-indulgent whim that gives me the excuse to paint anything vaguely dinosaur related. That said if anyone else cares to join in, please feel free - the more the merrier!






So to kickstart this nonsense off, I bring you an addition to my Lizardman Blood Bowl team, my very own Bloodweiser Babe. Now regular readers of this humble weblog will remember that I had been gifted an exquisite set of bespoke Lizardmen players courtesy of the mischievous 'Loki' and had even managed to get them on the field of play! So when I discovered this wonderful miniature on the 'Comixininos' site, I knew that I just had to have it to add to the team.

You purchase a keg of extra-special Bloodweiser magic ale for 50,000 gold pieces, and get a lovely lady to serve players before going out for each drive. The combination of the ale and the young lady serving it means that for each purchase of this inducement, players on the team gain a +1 modifier to recover from KO’d for this match.
This tactic had served me well in my first game, so I am more than happy to have a Bloodweiser Babe of my own to travel with the team.  The miniature required a little construction, but nothing too taxing and was hugely enjoyable to work on.  I am afraid that when it  came to a colour palette, I shamelessly 'borrowed' from the 'Comixininos' site, but with the addition of a cave girl style chamois outfit and the creation of a touchline, using an off cut piece of plastic strip, I was able to give it my own personal twist.  

 


48 comments:

  1. A great fun piece for your collection Michael :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a knee trembler for sure ;-)

    Good work on the mini and good to see your Dino's getting some love

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great addition for your team.
    Go, Saurus, go !

    ReplyDelete
  4. really funny and a real good job as usual!
    bye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Peter, it's good to be silly sometimes.

      Delete
  6. So cute, a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm both intrigued and mystified by this piece - excellent !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, I'm afraid that there is no end to the silliness where my hobby is concerned.

      Delete
  8. Dinovember's off to a great start. Are those rats on the platter beside the beer?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everybody is generous with their tips! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A nice cold bloodweiser - very fitting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun to work on Roy and good to do something different every so often.

      Delete
  11. Dinovember is here. Woot woot!

    These gals are so sexy. One could say they're Raptolicious.

    I bought some dino's and am going to try to have two done this month. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hoped you'd see this Anne, yes Dinovember is here again and it would be wonderful if you have some dinosaurs to share!

      Delete
  12. Fantastic work. Half the fun of Bloodbowl is the support characters and this looks like your Scaly Scorers are going to have bags of character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Herbert, I've got another on the go which I hope to get done by the end of the week.

      Delete
  13. Inspired choice!
    I love making sideline figs for my teams too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great work Sir M, not heard of Dinovember until now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a bit of fun Ray, but do feel free to join in - just grab a dinosaur and away you go!

      Delete
  15. Lovely painting on that lass! I'd be quite leery of grabbing that pint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monty, she doesn't look like the sort to take a joke!

      Delete
  16. What's the dino equivalent of "Phwoar!!!" I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great looking Bloodweiser Babes.... i love all stuff Blood Bowl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant mini and a topnotch paint job too! You sometimes have to wonder what sort of substances were consumed when some sculpts were thought up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I know exactly what you mean - all very strange.

      Delete
  19. Awesome blog title for an awesome piece. Don't get me wrong ... I absolutely love this piece ... but maybe you could have painted her in the whites and oranges of a Hooter waitress. ;) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now why didn't I think of that? Brilliant idea!

      Delete
  20. Completely bonkers but brilliant... "Dinovember", hmm I might be able to participate in this, if I get my LOTR Cave Drake done? No promises, my painting queue is pretty full! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Scott and a Cave Drake would be awesome!

      Delete
  21. Excellent! Your misses dino looks fantastic. Looking forward to what you'll come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hola
    Que buena y muy original
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...