Thursday 21 July 2011

Timpo Time#1 'Out on the range'

As promised I have been slaving away, editing the fruits of my labours and the first are now ready to publish.  I suppose the only place to start is with the iconic Timpo cowboys, here showing off their rope work and branding skills - ouch!  Mostly second series cowboys on show here with their neckechifs and moulded gun belts, available in the late sixties and still my favourites.  The cowboy branding calf mini diorama wasn't available until 1976.  Those eagle-eyed purveyors of plastic with have noticed that the chuck wagon, complete with drop down back and cooking utensils, is replaced with a buck board in the later photographs.

Yee-Haw!

1 comment:

  1. The days of ready painted miniatures, it brings a tear to my one good eye.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...