Tuesday 1 April 2014

28mm Rustled Livestock!


I've been thoroughly enjoying Loki's posts regarding the recently released range of miniatures from 'Warbases'; this new menagerie of animals are just perfect for adding a bit of depth to any table and reminded me that I had recently picked up some exciting new additions for my own collection.  Yes those talented chaps over at 'Mysterious Minis', purveyors of the perplexing and enigmatic have done it again and released another must have box of miniatures. 



Sculpted by the mischievous Ffwl Ebrill, this set really is a delight to behold with the box containing all you need to give your cows or sheep that just rustled look.  With fencing, barbed wire and enough livestock to keep even the most fervent thief busy on a moonlight night, the magical ingredients have to be a couple of pre-sculpted base plates.  

The box contents.

Designed to provide the evidence of foul play, the two sculpted base plates give you a couple of options to depict either the tracks of a horse drawn cart of perhaps a more modern alternative by using the one with tyre tracks - ingenious! 


These were some of the most exquisitely detailed miniatures you could wish to find, provided of course that you could find them.  The fences and base plates aside, it was the livestock that really sets this set apart from the rest, but they are proving somewhat elusive - yes it would appear that some ne'er do wells have liberated my prize steeds and on the first day of April as well!   

The tyre base plate painted up.





53 comments:

  1. very good kit.
    waiting to see what you'll do with it.
    bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. What will you be able to get next..... mutilated cattle? Crop Circles? UFO landing sites.....

    I do like the kit though and look forward to seeing how you approach this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some great ideas there Clint, watch this space this time next year!

      Delete
  3. Ffwl Ebrill? That's not a name, that's a bad Scrabble hand!

    Still, I MUST get a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've heard of the sculptor before - Welsh chappie apparently.

      Pip pip

      Delete
    2. Welsh? Who'd have thought it!

      Delete
  4. They'd go well with last year's crew of Marie Celeste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice and it does look like an interesting set.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola
    Bueno si señor y muy interesante
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to have a box of their "Escape from Colditz Prisoners" but can't find a single one of them now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good one. Up there with 'Tartan Paint'! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great stuff that tartan paint, I'll have you know! :)

      Delete
  9. Well played sir!
    Will they produce a MacGuffin box next year? A game of Grouchy's attack at Placenoit?
    Cheers PD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking nice and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another pleasant surprise by my favorite purveyor of gentlemen's miniature toys.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mysterious Michael, very mysterious indeed. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat, best start planning for next year.

      Delete
  13. Are you taking the mickey out of us? I can't find this company anywhere and you didn't give us a link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a closer look at the body of the text Anne, there is a link there. ;)

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thank you! Well you have to have a giggle once in a while.

      Delete
  15. How amazingly random! Great stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see what else they're planning Monty.

      Delete
  16. Very well put together set! I can certainly appreciate the work that's gone into it! ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Derek, far too much if the truth be told and at the expense at what I was supposed to be doing - still it was fun.

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. I knew I would have to get up earlier to catch you out Ray!

      Delete
  18. I believe the penalty for such is still hanging in these parts. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly to be avoided, if at all possible - it is all very final!

      Delete
  19. I'd probably buy that boxset (these posts are always a highlight at this particular time of year).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, I see if I can 'rustle' up something new for next year!

      Delete
  20. Hilarious! I need some animals so I'm clicking right over.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...