A very simple, but very versatile piece from the ever reliable 'Warbases'. I decided to treat myself to the additional resin hay insert, which fits perfectly into the assembled model. No thrills with the painting, just undercoated and then the base colour highlighted.
Also pictured is a small wheelbarrow that inexplicably was added to the shopping basket whilst I was perusing the web store. Eagled eyed visitors might recognise it from the collaborative Landsknecht stands that we produced for the 'Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge'.
Finally completed and immediately pressed into service in the fields of my 'Witchfinder General' project.
Whilst sticking pieces of hard plastic together for bridge, I was reminded that I had also had a 'Renedra Plastics' ramshackle barn lurking somewhere in the pile. Once finally unearthed this was glued together and then undercoated. Following a rather predictable pattern, blue for water and grey for stone the barn was painted brown for wood and no sooner had I finished when I realised that this just wasn’t right. I set about it with the drybrush and completely changed my mind with regards to the tiles on the roof, opted for a more conventional slate grey.
As nicely detailed as it is, there isn’t a huge amount to trouble the painter, although I did manage to pick out a few details here and there, before adding some flock to hint at its dilapidation. Now after what has been a busy week at work, time to catch up with a few of my favourite weblogs.