Monday 19 November 2012

And the winner is...



'28mm Victorian Warfare' was created purely as a self indulgent distraction at I time when I desperately needed something to do with my hands!  It became intrinsically linked with the fledging development of this most wholesome of hobbies that we all share and it is now responsible for a good part of my waking day! 

So it goes without saying that when Anne O'Leary of 'Anne's Attic' left a post informing me that she was passing on a 'Liebster Blog Award' to me, I was absolutely thrilled - thank you so much Anne!  To be nominated by someone with a Blogosphere presence such as Anne, truly is a honour in itself and one that I am only too happy to pass on to fellow bloggers.   Now, I appreciate that it could be perceived as little more than a glorified chain letter, but when it is passed on with such good intentions then I think that there is still room for a little celebration in this often too cynical world.  

I thought I would do a bit of investigation as to the 'how and why' of the The Liebster Blog Award, but would you believe it the one time you need it, Wikipedia goes and lets you down.  After a little time trawling the infoweb I did manage to turn up that the 'Liebster', German for beloved, dearest or favourite, is awarded to relatively new bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  I was unable to track down the exact origins of the 'Liebster', but did manage to get back to 2010, during which time there have been many variants, but I've decided to go with the following.  


1. Copy and paste the award on your blog linking it to the blogger who has given it to you.

2. Pass the award to your top 5 favourite blogs with less than 200 followers by leaving a comment on one of their posts to notify them that they have won the award and listing them on your own blog.

3. Sit back and bask in that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing that you have just made someone's day!


The hardest part of all this has been try to narrow whittle down my choices, but without further ado and absolutely no obligation on their part, my five recipients for a 'Liebster' are:











47 comments:

  1. Well done Michael - and why thank you for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Michael!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops! I think Anne and I both missed the "less than 200 followers" part. That probably rules out most/all of the blogs I passed the award on to. Oh well, too late now

    A hearty congrats to you on the award and some great choices for who to pass it on to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly congratulations on the Award there Michael, well deserved and thanks for giving it to me, on my birthday too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Michael and good selections also. Top stuff sir!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff Michael!! Like your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Michael - very well deserved for a terrific blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Michael and a nice touch with the history of the Liebster Blog Award.
    Thanks also for the nomination, you sir are a true gentleman and a scholar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats mate - well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so pleased that you took the award in the spirit it was intended Michael. It meant something real to me because it came from a painter. I'm surprised and pleased to be accepted by you gentleman.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Micheal , a worthy award indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats Michael. great blog i always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Michael,

    well done and well preserved!
    It's always a pleasure to come here and watch your work.

    Keep it up!

    Cheers
    Monty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done Michael, and very well deserved. I'm sure we can find you something cold and fizzy to celebrate with in the ocal on Saturday night.

    Pip pip

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Michael...great blog...loads of talent

    ReplyDelete
  16. Many thanks to one and all, I was absolutely thrilled to have been given the nod from Anne and it has been absolutely wonderful to see many of my favourite blogs be similarly rewarded.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Michael! Your blog is certainly a "beloved" corner of the blogosphere, that I unfortunately haven't had the pleasure of visiting much lately.

    Always great stuff!

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful blog. The Liebster had risen to 11 nominees before I was rumbled..... http://deartonyblair.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your post has many detail information. I read all of your article and I genuinely like it. Thank you for discussing this great post.
    obat keloid
    obat ginjal bengkak
    obat thalasemia
    obat benjolan di kepala
    obat benjolan di payudara

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for another fantastic posting. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a speech next week, and I was looking for more info ;)

    obat mata katarak
    obat sakit kepala cluster
    obat liver
    faktor haid tidak lancar
    obat diare

    ReplyDelete
  21. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me. Thank you very useful information admin, and pardon me permission to share articles here may help :

    risa herbal
    cara menghilangkan benjolan
    toko obat herbal sapnudin
    sehat dan cantik alami
    khasiat obat herbal
    cara menghilangkan bekas jerawat

    ReplyDelete
  22. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me. Thank you very useful information admin, and pardon me permission to share articles here may help :

    risa herbal
    cara menghilangkan benjolan
    toko obat herbal sapnudin
    sehat dan cantik alami
    khasiat obat herbal
    cara menghilangkan bekas jerawat

    ReplyDelete
  23. may be useful for all, helpful article once and pardon me permission to share also here :

    Cara mengobati ginjal bengkak
    suplemen alami untuk mengobati kanker payudara

    ReplyDelete
  24. Given article is very helpful and very useful for my admin, and pardon me permission to share articles here hopefully helped :

    Obat kesrek tradisional
    Cara Menyembuhkan Asma Secara Permanen
    Cara Mengobati Penyakit Dompo
    Obat Gagal Ginjal Tanpa Cuci Darah
    Cara Menyembuhkan PPOK

    ReplyDelete
  25. 90minup ข่าวกีฬา ฟุตบอล ผลบอล วิเคราะห์บอล พรีเมียร์ลีก ฟุตบอลไทย
    ข่าวกีฬา
    ตารางคะแนน
    ฟุตบอลไทย
    ไฮไลท์ฟุตบอล
    ดูบอลออนไลน์
    ผลบอลสด
    90minup

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your article had provided me with another point of view on this topic. I had absolutely no concept that things can possibly work on this manner as well. Thank you for sharing your opinion

    cara menghilangkan bekas koreng
    cara mengobati infeksi ginjal
    cara mengobati pembengkakan kelenjar air liur

    ReplyDelete
  27. So then when I'm finished
    I'm all 'bout my business and ready to save the world
    I'm taking my misery
    Make it my bitch; can't be everyone's favorite girl

    Obat Penyakit Kusta
    Obat Penebalan Dinding Rahim
    Obat Penurun Kreatinin
    Obat Pembersih Usus
    Cara Mengatasi Protein Dalam Urine

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. NCR Ranger Coat

    ReplyDelete
  29. It was not first article by this author as I always found him as a talented author. Scarface Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  30. This was an extremely wonderful post. Thanks for providing this info. James Dean Red Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi , Thank you so much for writing such an informational blog. For more information Click on Attack on Titan Coat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...